Shrimp and Celery Bisque
This recipe makes enough for 2 or 3 meals or 4 opener soup courses. It’s one of my favorite meals in cold weather.
- 1 c. peeled, diced potatoes (1/2 to 3/4 in. cubes)
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 t. salt (add more to taste)
- 2 c. half & half (I find 2% milk works just as well)
- 3 T. flour
- 3/4 lb. medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 c. fresh italian parsley
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 t. celery salt (optional)
- 1/4 t. dried thyme
- 1/4 c. dry sherry (< KEY INGREDIENT! don’t omit this)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine half&half (or milk) and flour in mixing bowl and add to vegetable mix. Add shrimp, parsley, butter, and herbs. Cook over medium-high heat until thick.
- Add sherry and simmer a few minutes more.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad with a vinaigrette dressing.
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions