Neal Pollack's Simple Seafood Soup
Recipe can be doubled. Serve with simple salad.
- 1 lb. mixed fish
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 small can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 4 crushed and chopped garlic cloves
- 3-4 sprigs thyme, whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 spiral orange peel
- Generous splash Pernod
- Splash of white wine
- Salt & pepper
- Simmer stock and tomatoes in soup pot.
- Meanwhile, in separate pot, saute in olive oil the onion, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and orange peel, with Pernod and wine. When vegetables are soft, add stock.
- When stock simmers, add fish. Lay fish carefully into pot to poach.
- You can add shrimp and scallops in place of, or in addition to, fish.
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions