Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley)
Jenny says that her producer, Mike Mogis, taught her a lot about vegan cooking. Smother this gravy on brown rice, vegetables, “tastes like chicken!” tofu, or mashed potatoes.
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vegan margarine (2 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons vegan worcestershire sauce (see recipe)
- 2 cups soy milk
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Stir in flour and yeast until blended….whisk constantly for four minutes. Whisking is important to avoid burning. Add soy milk gradually.
- Combine soy sauce, water, and vegan worcestershire add to gravy gradually. Blend well. If too thin, continue cooking to thicken.
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions