John Vanderslice's Variation on Puttanesca
- one can Italbrand san marzano tomatoes
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cured black olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp Amore sun dried tomato paste
- 1 anchovy fillet cured in salt (optional)
- 8 capers cured in salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- good olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- reggiano parmesan cheese
- spaghettini (slightly thinner than spaghetti)
- Saute garlic in olive oil for a minute. Add anchovy fillet, olives, capers, and tomato paste, continue for two more minutes. Watch the heat, don’t let the garlic brown.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomatoes, bring to quick boil and simmer covered for an hour. Uncover, season to taste, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Slightly undercook pasta, drain. Add reggiano parmesan cheese to pasta in warm saucepot to melt cheese. Add sauce to taste. Stir vigorously.
- Serve on warmed plates with half a baguette on the side.
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions