Corn and Bean Salad
You can play fast & loose with the ingredients in this salad. It’s one of my favorite sides with enchiladas or grilled southwestern salmon. It’s also great for picnics and barbeques because it holds up well, even on a hot day.
This recipe makes a big bowl—enough for a party.
- 4 cobs of corn, boiled, then kernels sliced off and placed in bowl
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans (or pink beans, or both!)
- 3 or 4 scallons, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime (taste it before you add more, it’s easy to over-do it)
- a drizzle of olive oil, for sheen
- handful copped cilantro (optional)
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir!
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions