Polish Cabbage Soup
This soup is based on a chicken-cabbage soup at one of Eric’s favorite Polish restaurants in Chicago, but he likes to do it vegetarian.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2-3 Tbs. vegetable or safflower oil
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2” cubes
- salt and pepper
- broth (vegetable or chicken)
- italian parsley, chopped (lots)
- sauerkraut (you can buy it prepared)
- saute onion, garlic, and celery in vegetable oil until softened and translucent.
- add potatoes and salt & pepper (liberally).
- add enough broth to cover by 1/2” to 1” and simmer until potatoes are soft, approximately 10 minutes.
- add sauerkraut (to taste) and parsley and simmer a while longer until hot and flavors are blended.
About this Artist
The word I associate with the Fruit Bats’ music is “comforting”... even when they’re totally rocking out (and they do!). Eric Johnson is now a member of the Shins, another haunting and comforting band. Way to go, Eric!
About the interview
Got to love these on-the-street interviews.
Cambridge, MA (TT the Bears)
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions