Ben’s Uncle Papacho owns a general store in Feliciano, Argentina. Ben named this Latin American influenced grilled chicken recipe after him.
- whole chicken, split and pressed flat
- adobo seasoning
- red and/or green peppers, cut into spears or slivers
- salt and pepper
- Split the chicken and butterfly it so that it lays flat on a grill. Sprinkle thoroughly with adobo seasoning.
- Loosen the skin from the chicken and insert the pepper strips between the skin and the meat, covering the breast and thigh areas evenly.
- Grill the chicken until the meat around the thighs and legs is cooked through and the skin is crispy, turning as needed.
About this Artist
I’ve been fortunate to have known Ben Kweller since his teenage touring days with his band Radish. Even at that tender age, he could crank out the best pop songs ever, and he’s only improving with age. His energetic live shows and consistently enjoyable power-pop releases—not to mention his sweet disposition—have earned him a loyal following.
About the interview
Ben is the first guest to insist on jumping into the camera frame, much to my delight. Ben’s wife, Liz, stepped up as camera person when my camera guy didn’t show.
All content copyright © Jennifer Robbins and Jenville Productions